R. John Siewierski
Title: Founder, Principal
Residence: Boulder, Colorado
Siewierski Consulting January 2005
- Announce distribution and sales of Mail I Want email services. Email solution currently broadcasts over 15 million emails monthly for over 100 clients. Offer email append services. New clients - Sun Valley Resort, Camelback Ski & Beach, Scribner Hollow Lodge & Whitewood Tours.
- Announce distribution and sales of TEKMedia Online Newsroom. Used currently by clients such as Jaguar, Ford Motor Company, Detroit Lions, Ski New Hampshire.
- Worked with Retail Concepts for Sun and Ski Sports to launch e-commerce initiative April 2006 at www.sunandski.com
- Worked with Colorado Ski Museum to launch small gift store using Yahoo store. Decembe 2006
- Worked with Retail Concepts for Ski Chalet to launch e-commerce initiative September 2006 at www.skichalet.com
- Brave New Kids a Boulder based children’s clothing retailer launches e-commerce store June 2006 at www.bravenewkids.com.
- Beta launch of Mountain Sports Club – online mountain community and promotional discount program at www.MountainSportsClub.com in June 2006.
- Redesign and strategic plan for Boulder Outdoor Center’s e-commerce strategy. Included search engine optimization, use of product data-feeds for Froogle, shopping.com and other shopping comparison sites, launching and managing keyword search campaigns on Yahoo and Google, scheduling and implementing coordinated email marketing efforts.
- Conceptual development and business development with launch of online booking service for raft outfitters at www.RiverRaftTrips.com for Boulder Outdoor Center, spring 2005.
Leisure Trends Group August 2004 – April 2006
General Manager CRM & Hospitality Services
Specialty Sports Ventures - September 2001 - December 2004
- Oversaw and ran CRM division from Customers First acquisition. Over 100 email, database and customer registration clients. Included manufacturers, retailers, resorts, visitor bureaus and more.
- Added email append, data append and ECOA as new services.
- Extended company into new categories – retailers, chambers of commerce and visitor bureaus.
- Worked on development and deployment of new enterprise data-warehouse solution enabling clients to pull email and mail ready lists for direct marketing efforts 24/7. Significant enhancement of data-mining capabilities and customer access.
- Speaker on the following topics – Database Management and Data-mining – National Ski Areas Association Annual Convention. Scottsdale, AZ May 2005.
-Database Management and Direct Marketing – Northeast Ski Areas Summit. Mt Washington Valley, NH September 2005.
-Multi Channel Marketing – Integrating Your Channels - Northeast Ski Areas Summit. Mt Washington Valley, NH September 2005.
-Multi Channel Marketing – Measuring and using the most profitable channels. Mountain Travel Symposium. Squaw Valley, CA – April 2006.
Manager e-Commerce and Catalog
- Managed all aspects of online and catalog brands - GearDirect.com, Rentskis.com, ColoradoSnowboards.com, GolfBargains.com and Vail Resorts Official Logo and Souvenir stores.
- Directed and managed software development, systems and processes integration with legacy software and multiple brick and mortar brands.
- Initiated project for designing and implementing data warehouse for all brands within the company. Company did not have a customer mailing list or any customer information previously.
- Initiated and led process selecting a Content Management System for publishing and supporting online presence for retail brands. Brands included – Vail Sports, Beaver Creek Sports, Boulder Ski Deals, Telluride Sports, Aspen Sports, Keystone Sports, Peak Sports, Mountain Sports Outlet, Colorado Ski and Golf and others.
- Amazon sporting goods store partner launch November 2004.
- E-bay stores partner.
- Updated all search engine optimization to dramatically improve organic search engine placement.
- Began Froogle product feeds – November 2004
GearDirect.com - April 1999 - September 2001
- Managed all aspects of day-to-day operations, and grew online and catalog business from scratch in ski, snowboard, bike and outdoor sports category for GearDirect.com.
- Negotiated and launched as Amazon partner in Z Shops debut fall of 1999.
- Participated in initial wireless advertising launch and Economist wireless advertising symposium – 2001.
- Yahoo Magazine – November 2000 – Premier winter sports sites for online shopping.
- Top 100 Sporting Goods e-commerce sites – Sports Business magazine August 2000.
- Launched affiliate partner programs – 1999.
April 1998 – March 1999
- Worked with East West Resorts and Lynx Ski Tours on web launch, email and web marketing efforts including Expedia partnership and sponsorship.
- Loveland Ski Area – fine tuned web site re-launch, design overview, data collection, online and email marketing efforts.
July 1996 – March 1998
Director of Sales & Marketing, InterZine Mountain Sports Channel
- Developed and managed new revenue streams for start-up new media company. (Revenue streams included online shops, travel desk, interactive membership subscription service, banners, directory listings, and sponsored content advertising sales.)
- Created and managed marketing and branding campaigns for three new mountain sport brands – iBIKE, iSKI, SOL- Snowboarding Online.
- Hired, trained and managed sales team. Established number one brand in each category within 18 months. End result was sale of the company to Times Mirror, Inc.
April 1983 – May 1, 1996.
Founder, Partner, Vice - President and Board of Director of SKI CARD International.
- Created, managed and implemented direct response promotional programs with resorts in North America involving retailers, corporate sponsors and consumers.
- Developed, sold and implemented national affinity programs with credit card sponsors Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A., MasterCard International and MBNA .
- Directed launch of SKI CARD International’s web presence in Spring of 1995. Hired and managed two interns for the design, construction and associated marketing efforts of this site. First ski discount membership service to sell memberships online. Included as featured membership program on Prodigy. Included e-commerce and order taking capability, email registration and email marketing efforts in fall of 1995.